I've been on this planet for over 40 years and have learned a great many things. Some lessons have taken me years to learn while others have literally required a bonk on the head. As I've semi-wizened up over the years, I have noticed many ideas and observations have a universal truth no matter what culture, race or continent you are from. Here are some truths I find you might be able to relate to.
1) Get to the point quickly, most people like that.
2) Children are some of the most honest people you will ever find.
3) You know what makes an argument worse? Yelling.
4) It's rude to try and change people, plus it's next to impossible to do so.
5) It's easier not to eat two slices of chocolate cake than exercising for 3 hours.
6) Your problems are your responsibility even if you didn't cause them.
7) Nobody actually knows it all.
8) Embellishment is genetically encoded in human DNA.
9) Every person you meet is better at something than you.
10) Want to improve your life right now? Organize it.
11) Do you think you are an above average driver? Everyone else thinks they are.
12) If you ever wanted to splurge on something, buy a damn good mattress. 1/3 of your life is spent on it.
There are many others, but it would take a few pages and really... who wants to read that much anyway?